April 17, 2012

Game Ball, Baby!

Will received his first EVER game ball last night!  The coach hands out one game ball every game for the player he felt worked the hardest and made good plays. Will has been wanting one since the first game. Well, Will has had a bit of stage fright when it comes to hitting the ball at games.  He always smacks the ball at practice and at home. I told him he would have to work hard for a game ball if he wants one. I have been working with him a lot at home and we throw him near 200 balls a day and he smacks nearly all of them so he knows he can do it. Well, he overcame his mental block last night. He got up there and SMACKED that ball twice and drove in 3 of the runs and then he played shortstop in the last inning. He stopped a ground ball and ran to tag second base and got the runner out. I wanted to cry I was so incredibly proud of him!!! We all knew he could do it. He just had to tell himself he could and he sure did!! He is over the moon excited over his accomplishment! We love you Bubbies and are so proud of you!!


No comments: